Baingan Rice is a a mouth-watering rice recipe for Bringle/Egg plant/ Baingan lover. To prepare this rice recipe we will first shallow fry Baingan and then will mix with the fried rice, prepared with onion tomatoes and other Indian spices. I hope you will love its delicious flavor. Please do share your experience.
1 and 1/2 cup cubed fresh chinees egg plant
1 onion chopped
3-4 green chilies chopped
1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
1/4 cup chopped coriander leafs
1/4 teaspoon red chill powder (optional)
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
pinch of Hing
1/4 the teaspoon garam masala
3 cups boiled rice
- Heat 2 table spoon oil in a frying pan. Fry garlic paste for 15 seconds. Add Cubed Eggplant and fry for 2 minutes. Add 2 pinch of salt and fry for 2 more minutes. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or till eggplant start loosing oil then transfer eggplant on a plate.
- In the same pan add 3 table spoon oil. Add mustard seeds, Hing and cumin seeds once they starts spluttering add chopped onions and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped green chilies, fry for 15 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder fry for 15 seconds now add rice and fry for a minutes add salt, garam masala coriander powder and red chili powder fry for 2 minutes now push all the rice a side and put chopped tomatoes on the pan, then cover tomatoes with the rice and let tomatoes cook in the bottom of the rice for 2 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes with rice and cook for a 1 minute.
- Add fried egg-plant then mix gently with the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove rice from the heat.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leafs.
Mouthwatering Baingan rice is ready to serve.
Serve Baingan rice with Coconut chutney
I hope you will like this delicious Baingan rice/Baingi rice recipe. Please do share your experience.