Bathue ka Saag
Bathua ka Saag is cooked in almost every Indian home. It has many health benefit such as it is rich in fiber and is very helpful to cure constipation. It is full of vitamins C, A, Zink etc.
Bathua used for making dry veg or Saag. Saag is famous among Indian dishes. You can also prepare Bathue ke Parathe and Bathue ka Raita etc.
4 cup Bathua finely chopped
1 large tomato chopped
3-4 green chilies slit
1 medium onion chopped
4 big clove of garlic chopped
½ inches fresh ginger chopped
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
2 table spoon clarified butter/Ghee
2 table spoon rice flour
salt to taste
To make this delicious Bathue ka Saag follow the 6 simple steps.
- First of all wash Bathua very well and chop and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan add a tea spoon oil. Add chopped Bathua and fry it for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or till it gets soft. Keep it side.
- In a bowl add 2 tablespoon rice flour add enough water to make thin paste and keep it aside for later use.
- Take a frying pan. Add clarified butter then heat it. Add mustard seeds. Let them crack. Now add chopped onion, fry till transparent. Add ginger garlic fry for 1-2 minutes. Add slit green chilies, fry for a minute.Add tomatoes fry for a minute. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, Garam Masala powder and salt to taste. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or till tomatoes cooked. Add cooked Bathua, mix with tomato- Masala very well. Cover and cook for 3 minute on low heat. Add some water. Add rice flour paste mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Remove from the heat sprinkle chopped coriander leafs.
- serve with lemon slice, onion slices and butter on the top.
Delicious Bathue ka Saag is ready to serve with Roti, Naan, Paratha even with plan rice.