Dahi Bhalle chaat is one of the Indian famous street foods. Dahi bhalle cooked in almost every Indian House during “Holi” festival. You can make them at home in any occasion.
1 cup Urad Daal/black lentil washed and soaked in water for 4-6 hours
2-3 cup oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
1/2 cup water for grinding
2 cup curd
2 table spoon sugar
To prepare this Delicious mouthwatering Dahi Bhalla recipe we will follow, following easy steps.
- Drain water from the soaked Urad Daal and put it in the blander and grind it adding little water at a time. Do not use more then 1/2 cup water. Make a smooth paste. Add 1 tea spoon salt mix very well and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put a little lump of urad daal paste in the hot oil. If it comes up right after putting in the oil, it means oil is ready to make bhalla’s. Now make small bhalla’s of the urad daal paste. Cook till golden in color.
- Soak Bhalla’s in the water for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a bowl. Add two cup curd and 2 table spoon sugar in it. Mix very well. Keep it aside.
- Roast 1 table spoon cumin and 4 red chilly in a pan till cumin splutter. Grind roasted cumin seeds and whole red chilies into a coarse powder and keep it aside for later use.
- Just before serving gently squeeze water from the bhalla’s and put them on the serving plate. Add sugar add curd on the bhalla’s. Add sweet tamarind chatni on the top of the vada’s and sprinkle salt to taste.
- Sprinkle cumin red chili powder on the top of the curd and Tamarind chutney.
Delidious Dahi Bhalla is ready to serve.
For sweet tamarind chutney click on the Tamarind chatni